Bookshelf Speakers - With its svelte looks and detailed yet agile performance Monitor Audio have created something of an acoustic masterpiece in the Gold 100.
OUR VERDICT - Once setup and suitably ran in, Monitor Audio recommend a whopping 100 hours, the Monitor Audio Gold 100 5G Have a reassuring yet more exciting sound than the model they replace. They have the same spirit as their predecessors namely, a do-it-all attitude thats confident with every element of delivering music but its level of clarity and scale that really stands out.
For small speakers, they sure belt out a large and spacious soundstage. These boxes have no problem going loud: they remain clean and don't harden up when pushed to high volume levels, which is very impressive for speakers of their kind.
Theres authority to the sound, too every strand of Girlfriend by Christine and the Queens is delivered with utmost clarity and confidence. Nothing trips them up. These speakers time well, keeping up with the songs funky rhythms and charge through the tune with an energy thats infectious and endlessly listenable. The sound is agile and speedy; the tonal balance even. The leading edges of notes are clean and precise, but never sound clinical.
Theres a good deal of satisfying weight and grunt to the low end again surprising because of their size. But the thundering drums and raucous guitars of A Perfect Circles Judith have plenty of wallop. The basslines on Fleetwood Macs Dreams are punchy and are pulled taut. Voices are projected clearly and with ample detail every lyric and vocal nuance is enunciated clearly.
All in all we cannot recommend the Gold 100 5G highly enough. If you are building a system or upgrading your old kit these speakers will deliver an experience that will entertain everyone by simply allowing you to enjoy the music. These traits mean that the Gold 100 will be a fine asset to any Hi-Fi or Home Cinema system - Thoroughly Recommended.
The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from our flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensure a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned. Monitor Audios decades of experience in producing award-winning loudspeakers has resulted in the latest Gold Series. Uncompromised in concept, construction and sound, the Gold Series has been designed to deliver performance to enjoy for a lifetime. Known for their aesthetic beauty, flawless construction and exquisite sound, Monitor Audio has painstakingly designed and meticulously constructed each of the six Gold-Series models have been made by a team of dedicated engineers and craftsmen.
Small Yet Mighty
The Gold 100 is the only stand-mount speaker of the series and combines some of Monitor Audios finest engineering techniques. The coupling of a 165mm C-CAM mid/bass drive unit, MPD HF transducer and rear-firing HiVe II port improves transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow, giving this two-way loudspeaker audio that belies its compact cabinet its balanced, versatile and achieves greater bass presence than seems possible. Its an accurate and detailed listen, capable of getting the best from partnering electronics and your music.Key Features
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- RDT II Cone technology specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped
- DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft touch top trim giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND for best performance returns
|Frequency Response||40Hz - 50 kHz -6dB|
|Bass Driver||165mm RDT|
|Treble Driver||MPD High Frequency
|Recommended Amp Power||60 - 120 Watts|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ohm|
|Dimensions||360 x 195 x 330.6 MM
( H x W x D )
|Weight ( Each )||9.12 Kg|